A Camp that makes Good Kids Better
Camp Cadet has been suspended until further notice for 2020. We are a week long camp for young men and young woman between the ages of 13 and 15. Registration for this year's camp will be opening soon. .
The purpose of the camp is to instill self-discipline, self-respect, and self-esteem in the cadets. Camp Cadet also provides the cadets with a chance to establish a positive relationship with law enforcement personnel. The camp is staffed by State Police Troopers, Municipal Officers, and other Volunteers.
How are Cadets Selected?
Every effort is made to accommodate all interested applicants. If applicants number more than the available camp spaces, applicants will be accepted based on their age and willingness to attend camp. Requirements for attendance at the Camp Cadet Program include: Applicant must reside in Erie, Crawford, Warren and Venango counties. Applicant can not have attended Camp a previous year. Applicant must complete an interview with Camp Staff, prior to being accepted to Camp. Applicant must have a medical waiver signed by His/Her physician prior to Camp. Applicant must have the desire to participate in all physical activities at Camp.
Application and forms that must be completed and returned at the parent cadet meetings can be found here.
What is Camp Like?
• Each day begins with reveille and ends with retreat formation. Cadets awaken early and prepare their quarters for inspection.
• Cadets participate in morning physical training and march in platoon formations to their classes and activities under the watchful eyes of police instructors.
• Cadets participate in a wide variety of instructional sessions. They learn about the use of police radar, fingerprinting, forensic photography, drug prevention, SCUBA & rescue operations, and juvenile law. In addition to State Police, Municipal Police, and Military Personnel, past instructors have included: F.B.I., Secret Service, Berks County Correctional Officers, D.E.A., I.N.S., and many more.
• An active day for Cadets is highlighted by an exciting array of recreational activities and team sports.
• The Camp supplies the Cadets with 3 well-balanced meals per day.